Qualified applicants for the National Asia Research Fellowship:
- Have received a PhD from an accredited institution of higher education within the past ten years in an appropriate discipline such as international relations/studies, Asian studies, public policy, or security studies. In exceptional cases, PhD candidates who are preparing to defend may also be considered.
- Have demonstrated experience conducting scholarly research and publishing on one or more of the issues outlined in the NARP research agenda.
- Desire to further develop and hone the skills necessary to convey research findings to a policy audience through writing for policy journals, op-eds, and government briefings.
- Are a U.S. citizen.
To apply, candidates must provide:
- A two-page summary resume (full academic CVs will not be reviewed)
- A one-page prospectus of the proposed research, including the identification of the key research questions to be addressed during the fellowship period and an explanation of how this work pertains to the NARP research agenda
- A letter of nomination from the chair of their academic department or head of their research organization
Monday, January 21, 2019